Highfields Letting Agents is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Highfields Letting Agents may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 29.11.18.
What we collect
We may also collect information from you in connection with a service or product provided to you by us, including personal information such as:
Your name, postal address, phone number, email address and details of your requirements where you use Highfields to provide Estate/Letting Agency services on your behalf either in branch, at your property, by telephone or by email;
Your marital status, date of birth, nationality when you enter into a residential sales or lettings agreement with us;
Financial or other identifiers including your bank account details, income details where we manage a financial transaction for you, set up a standing order, or take payment for the services which we provide to you;
Your date of birth, nationality and other details from identity documents which you provide to us where we are required by law to carry out anti-money laundering checks and right to rent checks and the results of those checks;
Proof that you have sufficient funds to pay any deposit required when you wish to make an offer to buy a property;
- Evidence of the source of funds you will be using to buy a property, including for example, a copy of your bank statement or an agreement in principle from your mortgage provider;
- Evidence that you have the right to let a property where you are a landlord
- Details of any mortgage or insurance, licensing documentation and service contracts which you have in place in relation to a property you wish to let where you are a landlord and we are providing you with letting services;
- your marital status, employment details, national insurance number, nationality, residential status, bank details and credit history when carrying out referencing and credit checks and the results of those checks;
- details relating to your property including photographs, floor plans, energy performance certificate ratings/ home reports, property description and survey results when you engage us to market a property for you;
- photographs of your property when we market your property for sale or to let, prepare an inspection report on the condition of your property, or when we prepare an inventory to record the condition of your property at the start or end of a tenancy;
- your contact details, move in and move out date, utility meter serial number and meter readings where you are a landlord or tenant, prior to a tenant moving in to a property and when the tenant moves out;
- your move in and move out date and details of the deposit you have paid where you are a tenant when registering or releasing any deposit from a deposit protection scheme;
- your client reference number and the balance of any debt which you owe if we are required to take steps to collect a debt or take possession of a property;
- references relating to you, or information required to prepare a reference for you where you are a tenant; and
- your title, names, contact details, preferences for delivery methods, sex, civil/marital status, date of birth, nationality, occupation, employment and remuneration information (including salary/bonus schemes/overtime/sick pay/ other benefits) and employment history, bank account details, tax information, loans and credit commitments, personal credit history, sources of income and expenditure, family circumstances and details of dependents, confirmation of whether or not you smoke, any pre-existing mortgage and/ or insurance products and the terms and conditions relating to these, credit reference checks and details of the type of mortgage, insurance and/or protection you require where you are receiving mortgage, insurance and/or protection advice from us.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Highfields Estate & Letting Agents, 6 Blackford, Nr Burwarton, Bridgnorth, Shropshire, WV16 6QS
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.